It's Real

My journey from pressed and straight hair to the world of locks but not just any locks...Sisterlocks!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Some of my locked family and friends









Ms. Victoria and Ms. LaMonica both wear Sisterlocks. Victoria started her locs a few months ago and they are growing beautifully. And those that have followed my blog know that LaMonica was my inspiration for Sisterlocks! Her locs are indeed dynamic!!! My cousin Tony and friend Ericka both have traditional locs. I took this shot of them when I was home in Detroit. I always hear ignorant comments from people in my hometown saying "oh, that's a southern thing" well I'm hear to tell ya locs are all over the globe!






8 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger blackrussian said...

I've never heard ANYone say locks are a southern thing!...Wow...

Thanks for posting new pics.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Locks are definitely everywhere and I just Love your hair!!!

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger golden_08 said...

Yeah, I was surprised that some people would even say such a thing! Thanks for the comments ladies!!!

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really admire your locs. I am in the Atlanta area often and am considering locs. Do you mind sharing who started your sisterlocks for you? Thanks for being a beautiful inspiration!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger KDL said...

Your hair is looking fabulous as always! I got your comment on my site, but it didn't have your email. Feel free to hit me at klovett0405@yahoo.com anytime.

Thanks!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful locs!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Audrey's Pleasure said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Audrey's Pleasure said...

Your hair is stunning. thanks for sharing. looking forward to seeing more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home