It's Real

My journey from pressed and straight hair to the world of locks but not just any locks...Sisterlocks!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Autumn....this is my favorite season





I just love autumn! Nature does its thing during this time of year (depending on where you live). The leaves are changing colors and the weather is perfect for cuddling, reading books by the fireplace, eating chili and drinking hot chocolate!

This year for Thanksgiving the entire family stayed in 6 cabins off of a lake on the border of S. Carolina/Georgia. It was absolutely beautiful. I had to get some shots of my hair with the leaves. My cousin took these and said "Ay, I think these would be good for your blog." Take a look....

12 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said...

Cuz was right. Very very cute.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Nice Pics. I love Autum/Fall as well however I don't get to enjoy it much because it doesn't get that cold down here in Miami.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Love your hair.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

You make me want some color! Love it!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger KDL said...

Girl, your locks are absolutely beautiful! You are seriously making me rethink re-dying my hair. I'm going to have to give Ms. D a call real soon.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Tequila Jackson Allen said...

You look fierce sista Simply Fierce !

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Creyole said...

I agree with your cousin, yes your hair looks great in these pics.

Also, did you miss your calling?? It's never to late to send in some pics for modeling!!!

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I like Creyole.. Are you sure you don't want to model?.. You would awesome at it... And you locs are simply gorgeous !!! Your cuz did a good job with the camera shots...:)

Blessings to you,

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger golden_08 said...

Thanks for all the great compliments.

My consultant suggested I send some shots in to Sisterlocks for the next journal. I wanted to be a model when I was younger but was always told I was too short so those dreams were crushed. I did some mannequin modeling in high school if that counts:-) But thanks again...you all know how to blow up a girl's ego.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger TwoIslandsGirl said...

Your hair looks great! How did you do the pin-up?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger golden_08 said...

lst1477,

I just used a band to pin my hair up...nothing fancy:-)

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger ebrice311 said...

Hey Golden! Love ur hair. But I guess you knew that already.

Our family is trying to do something different for Thanksgiving this year. I was thinking of renting an 8 bedroom house in a mountain resort in MD. Hit me on my blog and let me know where you stayed and how that worked out. I think cabins is an excellent idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home