It's Real

My journey from pressed and straight hair to the world of locks but not just any locks...Sisterlocks!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

MY NEW YORK TRIP












I hate I didn't get the opportunity to travel to The Big Apple with the Sisterlock sistahs back in June but I was able to go on my own. It was such a nice trip and The Color Purple was awesome!!! There is so much diversity in that city. I saw people of all colors wearing traditional locks, lock extensions, and braids. I didn't see anyone wearing Sisterlocks though:-( I had several people ask me "are those Sisterlocks?" Finally, no one is asking "what is that?" or "are those braids?"

8 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger brunsli said...

Sorry we missed you too!

But, I'm glad you got to see it. :)

Your friend's SLs in the post above are beautiful!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Goodnapps said...

That's cool you enjoyed your trip. You really are wearing that color.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Sister-in-Locks said...

You are looking too cute. What else did you get to do in New York?

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Ree-C said...

Welcome. You and your locs are gorgeous. That color looks great. I live in Detroit, so I know all about the rough Winters and the effects it will have on the hair. I love your locs.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger golden_08 said...

Sis-in-locks I did too much! Still trying to recuperate. I did the tours, ate, and of course shopped. Almost missed the show because I was out and didn't realize we only had 2 hours before start time!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger golden_08 said...

Thanks for the comments! I am really loving this color but I think I may go lighter real soon.

Ree-C - Detroit was rough on the hair in the summer and winter. I'll be up there in August to visit my family and I'm sure I won't regret the Sisterlocks one bit while I'm there since my dad doesn't have air.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Maryee said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun!!! I love New York! I need to plan a trip when I'm back up on the financial pony again! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Creyole said...

We missed you too, but looks like you have a fantastic time! Work those locks girlfriend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home