It's Real

My journey from pressed and straight hair to the world of locks but not just any locks...Sisterlocks!

Monday, May 15, 2006

I TRIED




After reading several blogs and seeing so many styles I decided it was time for me to do something a little different. I never really styled my own hair so this was an experience I was looking forward to. Sooooo, I decided to do the bantu knots the other night to see what the "do" would look like in the morning. I liked it but after sleeping on it I was back to freestyling. I spritzed my locs with water and was on a roll with the knots. Well, so much for something different...it looks the same except for a little curl on the end.

4 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Leighann said...

I think it looks cute! Not every curling method works for everybody, all the time. Experimenting is key. Sometimes I like what I get from Bantu knots, sometimes I don't. Tried and true for me is always just a plain old twist out.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger naadii salaam said...

i think that you get the best set from bantu knots after a shampoo, because the locs have to be really wet. spritzing doesn't really wet them enough for the hair to come out curly. the downside to bantu knots is how tight they become once they start to dry and also how long they can take to dry. most people i know HATE sitting under the dryer, but if i don't my hair doesn't dry all the way and then all of my efforts are in vain because the curls don't hold.

but your hair has lots of body in the photos and it looks great. you might also like the look that you get by washing your hair and then braiding it. it produces a nice wavy look and is much less painful than bantu knots.

peace!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said...

The extra bounce and body is very lovely. I'm sure you will find you niche.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Sister-in-Locks said...

It's very cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home